Welcome to a good night’s sleep
Your privacy is important to us
At Koala, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it in accordance with applicable law and this policy. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- how we store and use, and how you may access and correct, your personal information;
- how you can make a complaint regarding the handling of your personal information; and
- how we will handle any complaint.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your personal information?
What types of personal information do we collect?
Your “Personal information” is any information or opinion which identifies you or from which you might reasonably be identified. The information can be in any form and does not have to be true, it just matters that you can be identified by it. For example, your name, age and email address or photos of you. It can also include sensitive information such as your health information or information about your political or religious beliefs.
The types of information we collect which may be personal information includes:
- contact details such as name, role or position, mailing or street address, email address, cell number, or landline;
- information relating to your age or date of birth;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience;
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
The above information is only personal information if it identifies you or is information from which you might reasonably be identified. It may be the combination of information that we collect which identifies you rather than a piece of information on its own.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information about you when you:
- visit our website;
- communicate with us through our website chat bot;
- purchase or offer to purchase products from us be that online, in person or on the phone;
- respond to one of our surveys, promotions, competitions or rewards;
- contact us by email, telephone or letter;
- connect with us from other social media applications, services or websites;
- apply for employment with us;
- visit one of our showrooms; or
- are referred to us through a third-party referral site.
Visiting and browsing the Koala website
When you visit our website (www.koala.com) you may choose to submit personal information to us (eg: signing up to our promotional communications, purchasing products, chatting with our chat bot) and we automatically collect personal information about you when we record your visit in our server logs.
We automatically collect anonymous information on website activity to track our website’s performance and to improve your user experience. When you visit our website, we record your computer's electronic address (IP address) in our server logs to analyze website traffic and administer our website, to track user movements, detect fraud and gather information about the location of our customers.
We collect this information for statistical purposes and to improve our products and your experience on our website. We do not identify users or their browsing activities except to comply with a warrant or other legal process.
Like many companies, we use ‘cookie’ technology on our website. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, cell phone or other device. They enable us to recognize you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions.
While we do not use your browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer. This helps us remember your preferences so that next time you visit our site we can make your experience more personal.
You can disable cookies or be warned when cookies are being used by adjusting your internet browser settings. However, disabling cookies may mean that you are not able to access parts of our website or to take advantage of the improved user experience that cookies can help provide.
Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can:
- answer your inquiries about our products or our business;
- help you submit orders for our products;
- process your orders and communicate with you about delivery or any issues that may arise in relation to your order;
- accept payment for your order;
- process any claim you make for repair, replacement or refund of a product you have bought from us;
- send you our newsletter or information about new products, sales, competitions, promotions, rewards and events and other information which may be of interest to you including information sent by or on behalf of our business partners (provided that any communication we send you will be in compliance with direct marketing laws and regulations);
- invite you to participate in market research to improve our products and customer experience;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities; and
- receive your feedback and respond to any concerns you may have about our products or our business.
We also collect your personal information to improve our products and your customer experience and to assist us in securing our website and minimizing fraudulent transactions. Where possible, we do this by collecting anonymous data, but sometimes the data we collect, on its own or when combined with other data (such as an IP address) may identify you.
Does Koala use your personal information to send you spam?
No we don’t. We hate receiving unwanted emails and messages just as much as you do. We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. You always have the option to opt out of marketing communications you receive from us.
How is your personal information stored?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes described in the Section “Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?” to the following people and organizations:
- our staff;
- our third party suppliers and service providers, such as logistics, transport, IT services, payment system providers and/or market research providers;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- third party marketing collaborators so that they can provide you with information about products, services and offers that may be of interest to you (provided that you have opted-in to receive marketing materials from us)
- our professional advisers and agents;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorized or permitted by law.
We may also combine non-personal information with additional non-personal information collected from other sources for marketing. We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Links to third party websites and tools
Our website may contain links to websites and tools supplied or operated by other people or organizations (we refer to these as “third party websites and tools”). We provide these links because they may be useful to you, but we do not accept liability for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of using any third party websites or tools.
Additional Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et. seq.) and similar statutes afford consumers residing in the applicable states certain rights with respect to their personal information (the state privacy statute that applies to you, if any, is referred to herein as the “State Privacy Law”). The rights below apply to all United States residents; provided, however, that your State Privacy Law will apply to the extent it affords you rights greater than those provided herein.
We do not sell your personal information.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any sales of your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by using the contact information in the Contact Us section below. We will verify a webform request by asking you to provide identifying information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under a State Privacy Law.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please email us at: email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 18. Data will not be shared with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
PO Box 515381
Los Angeles, California 90051
Policy effective date: 20th October 2023